The Magpies had to work hard in defence in the dying minutes of the game when Man Utd went all-in.
The red devils started the game in an attacking fashion trying to unsettle Coloccini and company. The solid and organized Mapies slowly gained a strong foothold in the game and started attacking through the middle. Ben Arfa was involved in a few runs and he occassionaly found Demba Ba who was not able to get past a brilliant De Gea.
Tim Krul on the other end pulled off some maginificient saves especially in the final mintues of the match. He parried a powerful header by Vidic from point blank. The Serbian was seen more often in the Newcastle box in the dying minutes of the game trying to take advantage of the extra man.
Jonas Gutierrez had to go off in the 80th minute following a second booking. Alan Pardew immediately brought in Peter Lovenkrands for Ben Arfa. This helped Newcastle to track back and stop Man United from scoring the crucial goal they badly needed.
The hard-earned point will make sure that the Magpies are fourth in the Premier League with just one defeat in 13 games.
Manchester United (Hernandez 49') 1-1 Newcastle United (Ba 64')
Skip to content
Premier LeagueLa Liga
All the latest news from the Premier League.La Liga
All the very latest from the Spanish La Liga.Serie A
All the very latest from the Italian Serie A.
Follow our live football score service.League Tables
League tables from across Europe.Fixtures
All of today's football fixtures.
Other things to do at eyefootball.com
- Football Accumulator - win money with eyefootball.com
- Football Polls - vote on our weekly polls
- Football Quiz - can you top our football quiz tables?
- Football Scout - who is the next big thing?
- Football Transfer Centre - keep an eye on all the football transfer moves here
- eyefootball member blogs - your thoughts and opinions
- eyefootball blog - stay connected to the team at eyefootball.com
- contact eyefootball - get in touch with the team with any queries you may have
- Google+ - find us on Google plus