Antonio Conte provides key injury update on Thibaut Courtois
Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has confirmed that goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois is ready to face Atletico Madrid in the midweek Champions League clash.
The Belgium international landed awkwardly on his head from a height after he collided with Gary Cahill and Peter Crouch from a corner in the 4-0 triumph over Stoke City on Saturday.
Despite suffering the knock, Courtois played for the full 90 minutes after the Physio's call, and Conte has confirmed that the Belgian would be fit for the trip to Madrid.
"I spoke with our doctor about Thibaut, above all about whether I could make a different substitution and he said Thibaut was okay and you can make another substitution," He said after the Stoke City game, as per Metro. "Now he is okay and ready to play the next game against Atletico Madrid."
Chelsea won their Champions League opener against Qarabag by a comfortable 6-0 scoreline earlier this month, but they face a stiffer challenge at the Wanda Metropolitano against Atleti.
With AS Roma also in their group, the Blues will hope to earn a positive result versus last season's semi-finalists in order to maintain their early lead at the top.
Meanwhile, David Luiz could also feature against the Madrid giants after participating in training with a splint on his left hand. The Brazilian is still under a domestic suspension after his straight red card in the goalless draw against Arsenal.