Top 5 Argentines to play in the Premier League
With Chelsea reportedly interested in signing Gonzalo Higuain, it's interesting to see where he would rank among the best Argentines to play in the Premier League. There are a lot of talented players not to have made the list such as Angel Di Maria who didn't live up to his world class standard he previously set at Real Madrid. The same rule applies to Juan Sebastian Veron who was a great player before he arrived in England but sadly it just didn't work out for him at Manchester United or Chelsea. Maxi Rodriguez also had some brilliant performances at Liverpool.
5. Gabriel Heinze - Heinze was a good signing by Sir Alex Ferguson, he quickly made the left back slot his own and became a real fans favourite. Injuries hampered his United career however and as soon as Patrice Evra was signed his days were numbered.
4. Javier Mascherano - Mascherano could not get a game for West Ham when he joined but once he got the move to Liverpool it was clear to see his talents and alongside Xabi Alonso he became one of the best defensive midfielders in the world and Barcelona came calling.
3. Pablo Zabaleta - Mark Hughes made some great signings when he was manager of Manchester City and alongside Vincent Kompany for £7 million Pablo Zabaleta at £6 million was one of his best. He gradually got better and better in a city shirt to become a real cult hero and has won a Premier League title, an FA Cup and a League Cup in his time at City.
2. Carlos Tevez - Tevez has a mixed time in England but made a great impact at all 3 clubs. He played a major role in keeping West Ham in the Premier League and will always be at hero there. He formed a tremendous partnership with Rooney and Ronaldo at Man United winning 2 Premier League titles and although his off the field antics slightly spoiled his time at city, his city career was a success and he won another Premier League title in 2011/2012. He left England under a little bit of a cloud and signed for a Juventus where he was a huge success.
1. Sergio Aguero - When Aguero signed for City in 2011 he could of got in any club side in the world. He will be fondly remembered for the goal that won Man City their first Premier League title in 2012. It's been a slight surprise that City have managed to keep hold of him for so long and at 27 he is in the prime of his career. He has got everything pace, power, is a great finisher and will go down as one of the best players to ever play in the Premier League.